- Improve your bathroom layout.
- Make the space in your bathroom seem bigger without moving walls.
- Free up wall space by getting your door to slide into a pocket in the wall instead of sliding along the outside of the wall.
A sliding pocket door versus a hinged door
REPLACING YOUR HINGED DOOR WITH A SLIDING POCKET DOOR IS AN AFFORDABLE WAY TO MAKE YOUR BATHROOM FEEL BIGGER.
The swing of a hinged door can be a real problem when trying to design a bathroom layout or cloakroom layout where space is limited. Often the door swings into the bathroom restricting where you can place your sanitary ware or it swings out into the hall or corridor.
You could install a simple sliding door that slides along the wall as a solution. The disadvantage of doing this is that the door then takes up wall space and the track and sliding mechanism and floor guides etc is on view.
There is a simple alternative solution to this problem… replace your hinged door with a pocket door.
What is a pocket door?
A pocket door is a door that is top hung from a track and that slides into a pocket in the wall (so there is no track in the floor). The pocket fits inside the stud wall, so it needs to be robust as it is replacing the stud work in your wall. When the door is opened it slides into the pocket in the wall and so does not take up floor space or wall space.
WHAT DO YOU GET WITH THE ROCKET POCKET DOOR KIT?
Our kits are priced at the same affordable low price and the kit comes with all the pieces needed to create a sturdy steel pocket with integral track that then fits into your stud work.
When you buy a Rocket Pocket Door Kit you will get:
- All the galvanised steel uprights and horizontals required to build the pocket, plus the track
- The brackets to fit the frame to the stud work that double as plasterboard positioners and supports
- Adjustable pocket entrance guide which will enable you to assemble the kit for a 1-3/8 in. or 1-3/4 in. door
- Runners with chrome steel ‘sealed for life’ bearings that insert easily into the track
- A door brake
- Door brackets for the top of the door, rear door stop and fixings. Adjustable bolt and nuts for runners plus spanner.
Screws to assemble frame and screws to attach plasterboard to pocket
- A lifetime guarantee
Each pocket door kit is designed to fit a specific door size, with no cutting or trimming of the pocket or track necessary.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT ROCKET POCKET DOOR KIT FOR YOUR BATHROOM IS EASY…
Simply choose the sliding pocket door kit that fits your bathroom door size (See table) . We have pocket door kits to fit 6 standard door sizes at a great price.